Saturday 13 June 2009

My blog - my dogs - my art


A dog is for life and not just for Christmas... same with a cat.
If you are a dog or cat lover then you know just what this means. Our pets quickly become a part of our 'family' as dear to us as other loved ones within that family group. Each day we spend with our pets is valuable... they teach us many things and share their love unconditionally. As an artist I enjoy painting, but no subject causes me more heartache and frustration than animals - they are 'individuals' and with their own character. Capturing that character is my mission... our pets are not with us forever, but their love and devotion to us is 100%. As well as showing you my art, I will also be giving you accounts of my two dogs, Robin and Lucy, two very individual and intelligent members of my family.
I hope you enjoy my posts and even consider a commission to have your own pet captured for always through my art.

(Robin shown here painted in acrylics on canvass as a gift for my mother-in-law)

No comments:

Post a Comment